Our Central Valley Women’s Economic Impact Center held its fifth annual Women of Color Business Symposium on Saturday, where we focused on planning, positioning and prospering our women business leaders in the Central Valley.
More than 100 women attended this year’s event, which included engaging and interesting topics like equity, diversity and inclusion, conflict management, financial investment, and the importance of voting.
Our keynote speakers were:
- Debra Flores, president and chief operating officer of Valley Children’s Hospital
- Gail Perry-Mason, founder of the Money Matters for Youth Cam
Our presenters and panelists were:
- Alana Mathews
- Rev. Dr Karen Crozier
- Shantay Davies
- Shannon Robertson
- Cassandra Little
- Viva Straughter
- Deshunna Monay Ricks
- Lady Jessica Lauren Criner
- Danetta Jackson, outreach program manager for the State of California
- Christine Miktarian, vice chancellor of operations and information systems at the State Center Community College District
- Ana Melendez, district director for state Assemblyman Dr. Joaquin Arambula
- Angie Hiyama, director of government affairs for South Valley of Comcast
We also celebrated the graduation of our first Circle of Excellence cohort.